NOTE: Abstracts will only be accepted via the conference email
Submission to the EIRS 2017 requires an abstract of 150 words. Authors must provide enough detail to evaluate the proposed topic and its exploration. NOTE: References are NOT part of the Abstact word count. The following information must clearly appear in your proposal.
Research Abstracts Submission Questions
- What was done?
- Why was it done?
- What were the results?
- What do the results mean in theory?
- What do the results mean in practice?
E-Portfolio Abstract Submission Questions
- When and why did you begin?
- Why did you choose Distance Education and is your reason still relevant?
- What are the three most important things you learned in your program?
- What would you recommend other students to consider while taking a Masters Program?
Abstract Submission Form
Plese use this provided template for both types (Research as well as E-Portfolio) abstract submissions.
Note: Tape, Hickam, & Poses (1996) present a two-page article that is a good primer on abstract writing: Tape, T. G., Hickam, D. H., & Poses, R. M. (1996). How to Write a Good Abstract. Medical decision making, 16(2), 193-193. Link to article
Last update: April 11, 2017