Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Technology-Based Learning (PBCTBL)
Upon successful completion of the BOLT modules, students are eligible to obtain an Athabasca University Certificate. To obtain the PBCTBL, BOLT students must:
- Complete all nine BOLT modules;
- Submit application for admission and advanced standing to the PBCTBL;
- Pay the $200 admission fee.
Upon Program Director acceptance, students will receive the PBCTBL Certificate through Athabasca University, Centre for Distance Education (CDE). Students may apply to receive their AU transcript (without fee).
Master of Education in Distance Education Program
(MEd in DE)
To ladder into the Master of Education in Distance Education Program
, BOLT students must:
- Complete the set of three sequential BOLT modules that compose each of the three graduate course equivalents (i.e. nine modules in total);
- Submit application for admission to apply their completed BOLT modules to the Masters Program.
Upon acceptance by the Program Director into the Masters Program, a $200 admission fee is required.
Completion of the modules may influence salary qualifications. Students may apply to receive their AU transcript (without fee).
For more information regarding salary evaluation processes, please contact the Alberta Teacher Qualification Service.
In BOLT modules, the lowest acceptable grade is B-. Students who receive a grade lower than B- or receive more than one grade of B- or lower may be required to withdraw from BOLT.
More about BOLT