There are two program application deadlines per year: March 1 and October 15.
1. Complete and submit the online application form along with the electronic application fee ($150.00). Applicants who have previously received an AU student ID will need to login before completing the form.
2. Submit official transcript(s)* directly from an accredited institution showing granting of a baccalaureate degree.
Transcripts should be sent to:
Graduate Certificates and Diplomas
1 University Drive
Athabasca, AB T9S 3A3
3. Supply one Letter of Recommendation**. Applicants may download the Reference Template to send to their referee. Letters of Recommendation should be received directly from referees.
4. Submit the following documents to the CDE office (see below for program-specific forms):
•C.V. or résumé
With the exception of the original transcript, all application forms should be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (780) 675-6170, or mailed to the address above.
Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Instructional Design: Reference Template, Application Questionnaire, Record Card
Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Technology-Based Learning: Reference Template, Application Questionnaire, Record Card
*Transcripts should be in the original language. If you submit transcripts in a language other than English or from an institution outside of Canada, you must:
1. Submit a copy translated into English by a certified translator.
2. Have your transcripts assessed. This assessment will provide a certificate which indicates the level of education achieved outside of Canada and how the education compares to a Canadian credential. Find a list of all approved evaluation services from the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
**It is the applicant’s responsibility to notify his or her referee that, in accordance with the Province of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information contained in the Letter of Recommendation is not considered to be confidential. The applicant, upon request, may view the information.
Updated September 20 2019 by CDE